CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Don't Y'all Babysit Too?

My little man is five years old. To celebrate, we decided to take him out to dinner on Saturday night to Texas Land and Cattle by the Bass Pro Shops. It gets VERY crowded on Friday and Saturday nights, so we decided to valet.
First, I must explain that my husband gets VERY competitive when it comes to eating. If we are at a buffet, watch out children and old ladies, my man will take you out to get to the food first. He is even more aggressive when it comes to getting his name on a list before someone else at a crowded restaurant. He will slow the car down just enough to make me or my poor Lindsey jump out and run to the hostess ahead of others walking in.
Okay, back to valet. We jumped out at the valet and Tim told us to run to the restaurant while he dealt with the car. The plan (we always have a plan in these situations) originally was for me and Lindsey to go put our name down and he would bring Trey and Tyler, but Trey wanted to be with me, so off we went.
We were almost to the doors of the restaurant when Tim yelled from behind, "Hey there, birthday boy!" We all turned around to see him strutting up to us with a huge smile on his face. Lindsey and I quickly said, "Where's Tyler?" Tim said, "Shit" and RAN back to the car to retrieve our baby from the valet dude.
This got me thinking ... they really should offer babysitting.

3 comments:

Faithful Froggers said...

Okay that story is too funny! :) Your family is beautiful.

I can't believe you lost your pictures - that really scares me! Did you ever find out what happened?

Thanks for coming by our blog!
Love & FROG . . .

Two Sisters said...

I love the way you tell your stories...makes me laugh out loud:)! OK, did you hear about that lady at Northpark Mall who really asked the valet guys at Neiman's to watch her baby while she went in really fast?!?!?! I think she was arrested. At least your husband did it on accident.

Jenna said...

Hey Leah! So your comment on my blog made my heart happy! Sadly, I do not live in the Dallas area (Georgia girl, here). I'm bummed because your kids are extremely precious and you are hilariou! I do accept plane tickets. :) Just throwing that out there. Ha!

Thanks for the comment on the blog! And I loved this story about the valet. Too funny.