CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not quite yet

I composed this message earlier in the day and I have pondered posting it all day. It's kind of serious and I don't like to be all that serious most of the time, but the following really hit me and I felt like I should post it. But, then again, I don't like to be serious, especially on this blog where all kinds of people come to be entertained. Then I remembered that noone reads this blog and I decided, "what the heck." :)



I still have not gotten around to the whole photo show I am planning, but I read something on another blog, http://www.lotsofscotts.blogspot.com/, that really intrigued me.


It said,


"Comparison is the thief of all joy."




Wow! Did that ever hit me. I have been so guilty of this for years ... comparing my kids to other children or each other, comparing my husband to my friends' husbands, comparing my parents to my friends' parents, etc. It truly does steel your joy. There is always someone who seems to have it better, just like there are many, many people who have it far worse. I am working hard on being thankful for all of the great gifts the Lord has given me.

I want to hold on to my joy. I want to cherish each and every moment of my children's childhood. I want to appreciate what I have. I have a lot of love in my life and it's high time I am grateful for it!
Later ...

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love that quote! Oh Leah, it is a daily struggle for me too! Let's pray for each other to have clear eyes for all the blessings we have. :) See you Friday!!